9.29.2011

Don't take the easy way out...

Me at the podium speaking at a college conference speaking on "Managing a Full Platter"
...now, I am the one feeling life getting the better of me and my platter is tipping and overflowing a little.  

Today's life lesson is not to take the easy way out. As I switched over from website to blog, I thought it would be quick and easy to just "copy and paste" the articles into here that I did not want to lose. I loved the fact that I did not have to insert each picture individually. As I checked in on the blog today, I realized that taking the easy way out turned around and bit me...all of my pretty pictures are gone and my readers are stuck looking at a boring page of just words.

Apparently, the pictures did not actually copy over; instead, they linked to the website and since it it is gone so are the pictures. I do vow to replace the pictures...it will be a couple of weeks though. I know...that is not encouraging news. I promised bigger and better changes as I moved over from website to blog. This was supposed to be a great move and instead I seemed to fall off of the face of the earth.

Well, I have not exactly fallen off of the face of Earth, but I am gearing up to move to the other side of it. Over the last few months, this Army family found out that our adventures will continue in a different country. With that news we have been busy preparing and so many great writing ideas have gone through my head... unfortunately, the busyness has given me a form of writer's block. I will admit that I have been overwhelmed with the sense that my "to do" list is longer than the hours in the day. Instead of my writing looking like an outlet, it came as another task on the "to do" list...even though it does not take much time to write an article and edit a picture to go with it, time just felt like something that I did not have. Realistically, it was more of a writer's block-- the ideas were there, but I just could not bring myself to write...probably out of guilt of everything else that I should be accomplishing.

Today, I took the step. Today is the first day of really writing on the new blog...and boy do I have things to write about! Life is busy, busy, BUSY right now. That busyness gives a lot of writing topics though...topics that help other military families that are going through the same thing and yet interesting to those who are not military and just looking in. Today's blog article came with the announcement of a big move, but it also comes with the promise to get my writing back on track. I will continue to write articles regularly from now on out...as for getting the new blogs fully set up the way that I want and fixing the old content that I transferred, it will get done...I just ask for your patience over the next couple of weeks as I get things prepped for the movers to pick up our household goods.

Please stick around and join us on over overseas adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment