9.15.2011

Track My T


Every year, my family enjoys getting new 4th of July t-shirts or outfits for the girls. As I was taking this year’s Disney themed 4th of July t-shirt off of my toddler, I noticed a tiny white tag on the inside with the a url to The Disney Store’s website and a hidden away area where you can track your t-shirt. I stumbled onto an interactive webpage that showed the steps that the t-shirt took to get from the cotton fields all the way to our house.
Okay, maybe I was not the most observant.  I did not stumble upon some secret treasure map with riches all to myself…the information was also printed on the inside of the t-shirt near the size.  I wondered how long this webpage had been active. In looking at our Disney shirts, I can tell you that it was there for this year’s Earth Day t-shirts (oops); however, it was not there on last year’s Earth Day t-shirts.
Regardless of how long I have been obliviously over looking it, I am glad that I found the webpage.  It is a quick little way to educate Disney style. Let your kids interactively learn about manufacturing, commerce and living green as they track the t-shirt from the farm to delivery. As a homeschooling mom, I love to find learning in every aspect of life. It is not just for kids though, as an adult we can see the details behind how our clothes our made like watching seamstresses on individual sewing machines in Honduras sewing the t-shirts together.
If you don’t have a specific Disney T to track, you can still check out the process by visiting: www.disneystore.com/trackmyt and selecting “RANDOM T.”
The Disney Store's 2011 4th of July t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment